News: This forum is now permanently frozen.
Pages: [1]
Topic: Setting up a microcell with m0n0wall  (Read 2001 times)
« on: June 01, 2010, 06:28:38 »
eisenb11 *

Hi there, I recently picked up an AT&T 3G microcell and I'm trying to figure out how to get it set up properly with m0n0wall.

According to the troubleshooting docs, here are some of the setup steps:

a) DHCP is on
- ok done, DHCP is enabled on the M0n0wall

b) Port blocking is either turned off or allowing ports 4500 and 500
- also done, I set up some rules to forward these ports to the microcell

c) Mac address filtering is either turned off or allowing MAC address of microcell
- also done, MAC mapping configured in DHCP section

-- now the fun stuff --

d) IPSEC pass-through is enabled
- uh oh, I can't figure out how to do this. I have IPSec enabled. I also have NAT-T enabled, but I have no idea if this is an option I'm missing or can't find...?

e) MTU size is set to 1492
- The WAN settings won't let me change the MTU size because my mode is DHCP and not PPPoE. Is this a problem?

f) Blocked fragemented packets is disabled
- I think I got this... in the advanced section there is an option for allowed fragmented packets over IPSec...?

g) microcell is connected to the first router connected to the broadband modem
- got this, the m0n0wall is first

I guess, my main trouble is on d) e) f)... any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2010, 15:35:26 »
iridris ***

d) There is no option for 'IPsec Passthrough'.  You'll have to set up NAT/firewall rules to allow UDP 500 and the ESP protocol.  There may be other/different ports, I'm not that familiar with IPsec.

e) There is no MTU setting that I know of, but the IP standard is 1500.  You shouldn't have any trouble with this.

f) I believe this is set in the firewall rules from D).  The option in the advanced section is, I believe, if you are using m0n0wall as the IPsec server/endpoint.

Pages: [1]