News: This forum is now permanently frozen.
Pages: [1]
Topic: Issue when modifying PPTP, Eth2, etc..  (Read 3984 times)
« on: July 08, 2010, 21:13:39 »
waldemara *

I get the following error when trying to enable PPTP - as I press Save it loads a bit and after that white blank screen appears with the following text:

Warning: fopen(/cf/conf/config.xml): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /etc/inc/config.inc on line 655 Unable to open config.xml for writing in write_config()

Also same sort of error occurs (not sure about the specific text) when adding users to PPTP or trying to enable Eth2 interface. Resetting wont do anything (from the http-site or the button on the back) and neither does trying to upload the firmware 1.32. Below some information:

Name    m0n0wall.local
Version    1.32 built on Sat Apr 17 21:01:56 CEST 2010
Platform    Soekris net45xx

Anybody? I need to setup the system fast!

BR,
W
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2010, 21:34:57 »
iridris ***

How much space do you have on your CF card?
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2010, 21:46:22 »
waldemara *

256MB SanDisk CF.

Also here are more some curious error when trying to recover backup from another working device:

when restoring config: Warning: filemtime(): Stat failed for /conf/config.xml (errno=2 - No such file or directory) in /etc/inc/config.inc on line 154 Warning: copy(/conf/config.xml): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /etc/inc/config.inc on line 722

when restoring config: Warning: copy(/conf/config.xml): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /etc/inc/config.inc on line 722

BR,
W
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2010, 21:54:31 »
waldemara *

And of course there are more:

in the front page:
Warning: filemtime(): Stat failed for /conf/config.xml (errno=2 - No such file or directory) in /etc/inc/config.inc on line 154

downloading the config:
Warning: filemtime(): Stat failed for /conf/config.xml (errno=2 - No such file or directory) in /etc/inc/config.inc on line 154 Warning: filesize(): Stat failed for /conf/config.xml (errno=2 - No such file or directory) in /usr/local/www/diag_backup.php on line 54 Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /etc/inc/config.inc:154) in /usr/local/www/diag_backup.php on line 55 Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /etc/inc/config.inc:154) in /usr/local/www/diag_backup.php on line 56 Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /etc/inc/config.inc:154) in /usr/local/www/diag_backup.php on line 57 Warning: readfile(/conf/config.xml): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/local/www/diag_backup.php on line 58

I have tried IE 8 and Chrome but both of them seem to generate random errors..

BR,
W
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2010, 22:10:51 »
waldemara *

I set it to factory defaults, but after that m0n0wall does not respond to the ip address 192.168.1.1 even though I waited for 10 minutes. I tried setting my IP as static and then other network devices from the same network does respond (connected trough a switch) but m0n0wall does not. I plug the power off and after few seconds back on -> Presto! m0n0wall does respond to the ping and I can access it by browser. So m0n0wall has not gone back to factory defaults because there is still OPT1 that is not there originally. I switch the browser to firefox and get on to work:

when trying to delete OPT1 (Eth1) interface:
Warning: fopen(/cf/conf/config.xml): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /etc/inc/config.inc on line 655 Unable to open config.xml for writing in write_config()

after the previous in the frontpage:
Warning: filemtime(): Stat failed for /conf/config.xml (errno=2 - No such file or directory) in /etc/inc/config.inc on line 154

after the previous trying to backup the config:
Warning: filemtime(): Stat failed for /conf/config.xml (errno=2 - No such file or directory) in /etc/inc/config.inc on line 154 Warning: filesize(): Stat failed for /conf/config.xml (errno=2 - No such file or directory) in /usr/local/www/diag_backup.php on line 54 Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /etc/inc/config.inc:154) in /usr/local/www/diag_backup.php on line 55 Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /etc/inc/config.inc:154) in /usr/local/www/diag_backup.php on line 56 Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /etc/inc/config.inc:154) in /usr/local/www/diag_backup.php on line 57 Warning: readfile(/conf/config.xml): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/local/www/diag_backup.php on line 58

Still the maniac errors. What next? Some of you must have some ideas!

BR,
W
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2010, 17:30:33 »
iridris ***

Sounds to me like you need to wipe the CF and start over
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2011, 19:47:02 »
Magnum *

I get this error with embedded-1.32. Even after a new install. Downgrading to 1.3 i have no problems. Didn't try it with 1.31. (All on soekris 4501 with ScanDisk 32MB CF)

So to me it seems a problem in 1.32. Anyone else having this problems?

Pages: [1]