News: This forum is now permanently frozen.
Pages: [1]
Topic: Loginpage + iPhone  (Read 2266 times)
« on: July 29, 2010, 10:38:01 »
filth *

Hi,

i´ve set up a monowall. What i want it to do, is to redirect all users to one single page.

It works so far when i connect from a pc. But there is a problem when connecting from an iPhone. As soon as i choose my wlan on the iphone, it´s browser opens with the login page. As soon as you click on "submit" there, the browser is redirected to my Standard page after the login, but then it closes on its own.

When i restart the browser then, the standard page istn opened anymore. Anyone knows how to fix?

Thanks!
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2010, 06:26:41 »
wsttexas3 *

I to have this issue.  I am using a m0n0wall at a hotel and all clients are directed through the captive portal fine except for iphone users.  They receive the login page but when you click on submit they disconnect fromt he wireless and go back to 3G.  Have you had any success in resolving this issue?
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2010, 22:51:25 »
baron112 *

I witnessed this behavior once today on a 4.0.x device, but could not replicate it once trying again. On a 3.1.x device and the 4.0.x device they were both able to connect to through the portal after entering the credentials once. I did notice a quick switch between 3G and the wifi after credentials were passed.

Is anyone having problems with auto-join or the auto-login feature working? I cannot get it to work for my network so that users can pass their credentials once and leave auto join on afterwards.

There were problems with 3.0 where a redirect was used for www.apple.com/library/test/success.html  to a local copy of the page, but I don't think that applies in this situation. Does auto-join work for anyone?

Thanks

Pages: [1]