News: This forum is now permanently frozen.
Pages: [1]
Topic: PPPoE with AT&T DSL Causing 1.22 to lock-up if DSL modem disconnects  (Read 1809 times)
« on: May 05, 2007, 22:46:29 »
neodnoc *

Hello:

I have have three sites running m0n0wall 1.22 on a Soekris net4801-50 w/ a 512MB CF. Each site uses PPPoE with an AT&T (SBC Yahoo) SpeedStream DSL modem set in the bridged mode. I do not have dial on demand checked and the idle timeout box is blank in the WAN PPPoE configuration page.

If the DSL modem looses it's connection to AT&T (due to a line condition, thunderstorm, etc.), the m0n0wall box at that particualr site will completely lockup. Only a hard reset via the net4801 reset button or a power cycle will bring the box back online. I've looked at the system logs when this occurs, but don't see anything out of the ordinary in regards to mpd log entries. I have all the logs going out to our syslog server at a remote site.

I've re-flashed the CF cards and re-created my configs manually on each system, but this problem persists. Has anyone else experienced this issue? Am I doing something wrong in my WAN configuration?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Pete
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2007, 01:19:43 »
cmb *****

Does 1.231 do the same thing? mpd has changed since 1.22.
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2007, 02:48:42 »
neodnoc *

Does 1.231 do the same thing? mpd has changed since 1.22.

Hi Chris:

I just flashed some cards with 1.231 yesterday and I'm going to try it on these problem sites next week. I'll let you know if this resolves the problem.

Thank you

Pete

Pages: [1]