News: This forum is now permanently frozen.
Pages: [1]
Topic: M0n0wall on an alix2d13  (Read 1723 times)
« on: September 17, 2010, 02:02:24 »
daemorok *

Once I get m0n0wall setup I have several issues.  The most significant problem is this:

My old router is another m0n0wall built on a soekris 4501.  This platform cannot handle Comcast's max down or up streams properly, that and the hardware is aging, the CF card is aging and its starting to not accept config changes.

So I moved to the alix2d13.  I got m0n0wall up and running.  I can connect to the internet, but it can take literally minutes for a page to load, or a download to start etc.  If I run a speed test its the same thing, the ping comes back fast, but it will take 2 minutes to start the download test and then another 2 minutes to start the upload test.  The actual download and upload speeds are what they should be.

I have no idea where to even start with troubleshooting on this.  Any suggestions would be welcome.
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2010, 19:22:00 »
somerset *

Without much information to go on, assuming your connection is not the issue I would look at port setting mis-matches.  Auto settings may not get you what you need and the issue could be on the LAN or the WAN side.  Try setting a port to say, 100 Mbps and full-duplex.    Just a stab at it, but might be it.

More info on the comcast modem type, switch type, and any errors in the logs might help.
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2010, 13:59:34 »
p0rkjello *

Some people on Comcast have been reporting problems loading pages over the last couple days. The issues might be on their end. Might want to check out dslreport and see..

Another option you can try different DNS servers and see it it makes a difference. opendns.com

Pages: [1]