News: This forum is now permanently frozen.
Pages: [1]
Topic: router before m0n0wall?  (Read 2242 times)
« on: December 08, 2010, 17:14:54 »
jayrav *

For starters im a newbie,  im trying to install a router before the m0n0wall, have never dealt with this product before.....any help or links would be greatly appriciated
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2010, 08:55:21 »
tuxfux *

Hi,

please explain a bit more.... how will the infrastruckture be? internet -> router -> monowall -> lan, dmz etc?
what router do you have?

basicly there are 2 solutions:
1) use the router in bridged mode
2) make a subnet between router and monowall (i would only recommend it if you have a reason for this)

cheers
esra
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2010, 11:13:11 »
jayrav *

We are coming off an adtran 616 that is currently connected to the m0n0wall which then goes to a switch that distributes a wireless signal for customers, the m0n0wall provides a sort of front page of sorts that that has company name and users must click the continue button to access the internet, i am trying to access internet before the m0n0wall so we can have a direct connect to internet, for a credit card machine. this is not on the company LAN (different isp). do i use the router as the DHCP server and if so how do i reconfigure the m0n0wall to accept this?
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2010, 09:44:17 »
Dalek *

If I read this correctly, you have the following setup;  internet-->616-->mono-->switch-->wireless AP.  Mono must have the IP from your ISP, so I'm assuming you have the 616 in bridge mode. The 616 has only 1 LAN port so I'm going to assume that your card reader is connected to a FXS analog port. What I'm not sure about is if the analog ports are active once it's in bridge mode. Use mono as your DHCP server.
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2010, 07:56:23 »
jayrav *

actually, no card reader yet.  The m0n0 has a front page up and you have to hit the continue button to access the internet, so a card reader wont work unless you can access before the m0n0, hence the need for a router in front of the m0n0 so we can bypass it, i am just concerned with the config settings that i need for router and m0n0

Pages: [1]