News: This forum is now permanently frozen.
Pages: [1]
Topic: Very slow connection + In / out errors  (Read 3532 times)
« on: March 28, 2011, 09:05:38 »
MichaelB *

Hi,

My network trafic is very slow when i'm connect behind the monowall. Without, the trafic speed is normal.

My monowall is in Router Mode and connected to a VDSL Modem/router (mode gateway). NAT is disable.
If i connect a laptop direcly to the cable from the VDSL gateway and use the correct configuration (username, password, etc.) is ok.

I discover that they have some error "In / out errors" WAN. (see attach)

How can i know what/where is my problem ?

Thanks in advance,
Michael

* monowall.png (111.53 KB, 813x673 - viewed 870 times.)
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2011, 17:45:10 »
Jackass *

I would start with replacing the cable used for that connection.  Your next step is to see if you can check the status screen on your Modem/router to see if it sees the same errors.  More than likely if the cable is not the issue, your modem/router is linking at half-duplex instead of full-duplex.
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2011, 19:56:03 »
iridris ***

Either the cable could be bad, or it may also be a bad NIC.  What hardware are you using?
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2011, 09:15:50 »
MichaelB *

Thanks for your answers!

The distance between the modem/router and monowall is ~20 meters (not in the same room). I don't have error (ifconfig eth0) when i connect my laptop on this cable..

About hardware is a "PC Engines WRAP" (little grey box) that i use from 5 years without problem with a ADSL modem/router (bridge mode)
The firmware is up to date (1.33).

I will connect directly the monowall to the modem/router VDSL with a short cable and see if distance/cable is the problem...
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2011, 22:48:48 »
straydog *

any results?
i have same issue here...
Generic-pc with 3com PCI ethernet connected to zyxel adsl modem and lot of lost packets?
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2011, 16:27:15 »
notladstyle **

ive had tons of problems with some 3Com cards, and marvelous success with others.

I would swap it out for a cheap realtek card and see if the problem persists.

Pages: [1]