News: This forum is now permanently frozen.
Pages: [1]
Topic: Cisco VPN Client on workstation behind Monowall--not working  (Read 2460 times)
« on: September 02, 2011, 06:27:31 »
eddiefdz *

Hello All,

I have a workstation sitting in my network that has a Cisco IPSEC vpn client which is used to connect to a remote network to download some customer data. For some reason, the Cisco IPSEC client is never able to successfully connect to the remote network. It initiates the connection and it prompts me for the login, but never negotiates the security policy. As soon as i remove the monowall from the equation (connect the workstation directly to my broadband connection with no monowall), it seems to work fine. I don't have any rules blocking outbound access from the LAN, its wide open out to the internet. What can be causing this not to work? I saw in the advanced features an option called "allow fragmented IPsec packets" but i turned it on and it does not seem to solve my problem.

Is there a fix for this??

Thanks!
Eddie
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2011, 21:17:05 »
iridris ***

I'm not overly familiar with how Cisco's VPNs work, but you might need to NAT a specific port to your workstation. NAT loves to cause odd connection issues like what you described.

Pages: [1]