News: This forum is now permanently frozen.
Pages: [1]
Topic: 1.8 roadmap  (Read 2115 times)
« on: January 18, 2012, 17:27:34 »
Dominic *

I've been a long time m0n0wall user, until I had to move to pFsense due to unsupported hardware.
So I'm glad to see the new 1.8b is based on a BSD version which does support my NIC's!

I am trying to figure out if the current snapshot would be good enough to migrate back to m0n0wall.
Not in the term of functionality, but stability wise.
Is there anything to say about a possible roadmap tot the final release of m0n0wall 1.8?
How much of a beta is the current snapshot? 
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2012, 17:51:23 »
Fred Grayson *****

The very first and possibly second snapshots were unstable on my hardware and would crash, usually before I could even do the initial configuration.

Later releases were incompatible with the same hardware. While they would stay up and allow me to do the minimal initial configuration from the console, the WebGUI was unreachable so I couldn't final configure and evaluate them at all.

Just today I am now able to join the 1.8 beta test team with the latest snapshot that solved all my hardware problems. So far it has been rock solid.

Since I run it from compact flash media, I have nothing to lose by trying on spare media. I can get back to 1.33 in a minute or two.

Good luck.

--
Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle.

Pages: [1]