News: This forum is now permanently frozen.
Pages: [1]
Topic: Change WAN IP Address - Still on version 1.232 built Dec 2007  (Read 2041 times)
« on: November 03, 2012, 17:28:55 »
hill *

Changing ISP, so I need to change the WAN IP address on version 1.232.

The screenshots that I have found show that this can be done in the Interfaces - WAN screen. 

When I login to webGUI there is no Interfaces category displayed.  I've gone through all of the options that I have in webGUI, and I cannot find where I can modify the WAN IP.  I've attached a screenshot of my webGUI.

Any suggestions?

* Monowall Screenshot.jpg (47.54 KB, 1366x768 - viewed 338 times.)
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2012, 18:37:31 »
Fred Grayson *****

What username and password are you logging in with?

Try the default: admin / mono

--
Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle.
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2012, 19:33:00 »
Јаневски ***

What username and password are you logging in with?

Try the default: admin / mono
Agreed, the option must be there if You are logging in with admin.

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2012, 20:13:20 »
hill *

The username that I'm logging in with is admin.  The password is not mono, but I assume that the previous administrator changed it. 

I have assumed that because the username is admin that this is the administrator account.  Is there any way to verify that?

Any other suggestions?
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2012, 21:40:17 »
Fred Grayson *****

It's been ages since I have used m0n0 v 1.2x so I can't recall if it had a group item in the menu or not. Even ff it did it appears that it is also missing. If it were there you could check and see if the admin user has had access to the interfaces menu disabled.

What about the console? Is the option there like it is on current versions?

What about backing up the configuration and resetting to factory defaults? I don't see that option in your menu either, is it in the console?

--
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2012, 16:29:08 »
Fred Grayson *****

I loaded m0n0wall 1.232 into a VM just to see what the as installed menu looks like. Snapshot attached.

It's now clear to me that a previous admin has removed access to quite a few menu item pages making your installation no longer maintainable. You can't even backup the configuration.

About all I can suggest is to take screenshots of the important pages you can view and start over from scratch with a fresh install, perhaps even the current release.

* Snap1.jpg (54.18 KB, 173x861 - viewed 258 times.)

--
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2012, 15:18:58 »
hill *

In response to the question about trying to make the change at the console instead of on webGUI:

I hooked a monitor up to the monowall and rebooted.  When it is done rebooting, it comes to a command prompt that gives me 6 options:
1. Interfaces: assign network ports
2. Setup LAN IP Address
3. Reset webGUI password
4. Reset to factory defaults
5. Reboot system
6. Ping system

I tried options 1 and 2 with no success, and none of the other options appeared to be what I want.

If a previous admin removed access to certain settings/options, is there a way to restore access to those given that I am using an admin account?
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2012, 16:36:04 »
Fred Grayson *****

Yes, as I said earlier.

Open the screens you can see in the WebGUI and either make screen captures or write down what you see so you can restore these settings by hand later

Use the console option to reset to factory defaults, item 4.

You will then have to reconfigure it from scratch by hand using the information in the screen captures you took earlier. The default user/password is admin/mono.

--
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2012, 18:49:40 »
hill *

It turns out that we have to logins.  Admin and Administrator.  Once we found the right login and password, we were able to access all of the features.

Thanks for your help!
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2012, 19:18:12 »
Fred Grayson *****

Glad you got it sorted out.

--

Pages: [1]