News: This forum is now permanently frozen.
Pages: [1]
Topic: Changed user and pass, can't login anymore  (Read 1102 times)
« on: November 04, 2012, 19:59:58 »
teva *

I was accessing m0n0wall gui from remote location. When i changed username and password and at the same time changed the port from custom to https default, and applied changes i lost connection to router. After a minute i refreshed page and could not login with new user and pass. Tried old user and pass, same problem. M0n0wall doesnt let me in. Old port doesnt work anymore, so this was changed, but user and pass were changed to something else. Funny thing is, that when i try new user and pass, m0n0wall takes 10 seconds to respond with wrong credentials. If it try with old user and pass, this respond is almost instant.

So, what the hell happened here? Was i supposed to change port first, apply and then change user and pass? Or is this some weird bug

tnx
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2012, 20:39:18 »
Fred Grayson *****

First thing I would try is clearing the browser cache and any cookies stored for the m0n0wall IP address.

Did you change the WAN Firewall Rule port as well?

--
Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle.
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2012, 20:44:12 »
Јаневски ***

I've been changing ports and passwords a lot of times, and there has been no such situation for me, i don't think it's a bug, maybe it is a hardware related memory problem on the machine.

But.. hmmm maybe someone is intercepting the data and doing something nasty...

Also, make sure it's not a situation of changed keyboard layout or caps lock on...

I really don't know, i am just guessing.

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2012, 09:13:32 »
teva *

I was accessing m0n0wall over PPTP, so i don't need special FW rules here.

I did try on another computer, that was never connected to m0n0wall, no luck.

But i fixed it...it seems that m0n0wall hang it self somehow. Called a guy in the company, where m0n0wall is resident and they did unplug/plug...that fixed the problem. I could log in with new credentials in few minutes. Also, internet was down for whole weekend, until this unplug was done.

tnx guys
teva

Pages: [1]