News: This forum is now permanently frozen.
Pages: [1]
Topic: pre-install question  (Read 978 times)
« on: December 28, 2012, 21:46:43 »
dgtlman *

we have a business FIOS account with 6 static ip addresses. What I have learned is I need a router set up with the primary one and let it hand out the remaining 5 ip address.

I really don't want to use the verizon actiontec box.

What I would like is to have each of the 5 IP addresses separate. 2 of them will have a separate router managing the traffic behind it.

I would also like to throttle the speed on 3 of the ip addresses.

I am not looking for any firewall, nat or any other network restrictions on these ip connections. If I am going to make any restrictions, it would be on the individual sub-routers. This is solely to hand out the static IP addresses.

In looking for a solution to do this, it was recommended to me to check out monowall.

My questions are:

1. are these things going to be possible with monowall? (if not, is there something that will do it?)

2. what services will I need to enable on the box to do this?

3. Would traffic appear to come out of the individual IP addresses or the one on the monowall box?

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can offer.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 22:26:33 by dgtlman »
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2013, 00:05:38 »
PiterRing **

My questions are:

1. are these things going to be possible with monowall? (if not, is there something that will do it?)

2. what services will I need to enable on the box to do this?

3. Would traffic appear to come out of the individual IP addresses or the one on the monowall box?

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can offer.

Yes, but not easy.
Look at
http://doc.m0n0.ch/handbook/faq-ipalias.html

minamotosoftУХоГмыло.ком
//Если гМыло в онлайне - стучите в чат, не стесняйтесь.

Pages: [1]