News: This forum is now permanently frozen.
Pages: [1]
Topic: Captive Portal on external AP  (Read 1079 times)
« on: March 09, 2013, 17:49:09 »
ovitech *

Hi all,

Please help me with the following configuration, i have a m0n0wall PC as a gateway between ISP and AP (ISP ---> m0n0 ---> AP). I try to activate Captive Portal on LAN port on m0n0, everything is ok if in LAN port i connect a laptop, if i conect the Internet port of AP (Linksys WRT54GL) nor CP or Internet is not working.
I have only one public IP from ISP configured on m0n0 and NAT-ed to LAN port toward AP.
Is there a chance to make a working configuration, i think my problem is on the AP but i can't figure it out.

Thank you
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2013, 19:26:40 »
rop *

if your AP has a WAN port it isn't an AP it is a router. You can then have two problems:

1) If the AP/router is running without NAT you might need a static route on the m0n0wall back to the subnet behind the AP/router.

2) If you are running with NAT on the AP/router you might find that all clients behind same is seen as a single user by the m0n0wall and that they do not activate the CP.

In your case you most likely have situation 1)

You can move the cable from the WAN port to pne of the LAN ports, then the AP/router will in effect be an AP, but you MUST turn off DHCP on either the m0n0 or the AP/router, I would prefer to do that to the later.

Pages: [1]