News: This forum is now permanently frozen.
Pages: [1]
Topic: Limiting  (Read 755 times)
« on: November 05, 2013, 23:34:47 »
Riva *

My dad every night when he gets annoyed with my limites my via the traffic shaper on m0n0wall and i would like to know how to get around him doing this without him knowing. I have a rough idea which is changing my IP adress. However i have tried this my typing in CMD ip /lease then ip /renew and i thought this would change my IP however it did not stop him from limiting me, any help on this would be great thanks.
-R
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2013, 00:55:25 »
Fred Grayson *****

I wouldn't expect the responsible members of a security related software forum to provide mechanisms that can be used to circumvent the intended modes of operation of the software.

--
Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle.
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2013, 01:32:18 »
Lee Sharp *****

As a technical exercise, there are several option here depending on how tightly things are locked down.  For example, if he is using bandwidth limits in captive portal, changing you IP would not help at all.

That said, if I were your dad, and I caught my son hacking around my limits, he would have no computer and no phone in no time.  On the other hand, if he asked me how security works, and was actually learning security, I might encourage or help in the endeavour.

Pages: [1]