News: This forum is now permanently frozen.
Pages: [1]
Topic: Apple Iphone CP issues randomly  (Read 1609 times)
« on: March 07, 2014, 14:06:27 »
dr01 **

Has anyone had ios7 Apple user issues on the Captive Portal network?  Especially with iOS 7 ?  I have read where Apple has known "ioS7 captive portal issues" and you will see lots of people are struggling with this.  It is mostly caused by unpredictable behavior of Apple's Captive Network Assistant (CNA).
Is there anyway a possible Apple CNA bypass option can be programmed into version 1.8.1 software?  That way people who "don't get the CP page" or "get kicked off the network" at random will not have these problems??

I know theres a mac and a IP pass thru options....but I was wondering if one could be auto programmed into the MW software so manual intervention would be needed per user issue with CP....

Thank you.....
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2014, 04:41:57 »
Lee Sharp *****

You need to know the address the "assistant" is trying to reach, and add it to allowed IPs.  As those move, it can not just be programed in and forgot.
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2014, 13:14:36 »
dr01 **

we are aware of how to add allowed IPs and allowed MAC addresses through the CP feature, the issue is having a CP feature where any transient user that comes and goes daily and frequently never gets hung up regardless of the device inside the CP feature of the routing software. This may be an impossible task as I know there are so many dofferent devices out there with with so many different landing pages and settings inside them.....it was just a question to find out if anyone out there has a solution rather than having always a IT intervention to add the IP or Mac to CP to pass that problem device through to get internet. Was looking for an automatic solution here where the router software inside CP does not hang up randomly on random devices.  thanks....
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2014, 18:50:34 »
Lee Sharp *****

Nothing automated...  And yes, it is different for most things.  It is a pain, but not only for us...  The smart phone owners have the same problems everywhere, especially when a new version comes out.
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2014, 20:13:12 »
dr01 **

I am unsure there is any one gateway router out there that has "zero" issues related to this topic but many lay claim that they have zero captive portal issues and allow all devices through seemlessly.....when you deal with a fluid market and travelers coming and going into and out of your network its a tall task to ask a gateway router to allow eveyone that needs to sign into your network and thus provide that service without having any issues just because of the sheer volume of devices your router see go across its network....90% effective at best is in my opinion a good rating regarding this topic......thank you for your comments Lee.....

Pages: [1]